Monday, August 2, 2010

Everland

It's been a while, but I want to make a few last posts before we go back to America. Which we will be doing on August 12th!

One thing that I wanted to do before leaving Korea was go to Everland, which is supposed to be the Korean version of Disney World. I've never been to Disney World, or any huge theme park, so I was really excited about seeing all the characters and shows. Everland turned out to be more like Six Flags, in my opinion, which I've been to several times, so it wasn't that exciting. It was still weird in a special Korean way, though, and there were a few good roller coasters, so it wasn't a waste.

The theme for summer is "Summer Splash" so they have a big water show. The interesting thing about the show was that over half of the actors were foreigners. It was strange seeing big bulky westerners dressed up like flowers and badly lip syncing to Korean songs. Here's a short clip of the monsters appearing in the show.

Afterwards we were extremely wet:
One of my favorite things was the "Spooky Fun House." You had to push buttons while you walked through the house in order to get a glimpse of the "curious ghost" that lives there.


More pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment