Friday, September 3, 2010

Seoraksan

One of the things I wanted to make sure we did before leaving Korea, was to visit Mt. Seoraksan. It is the third highest mountain in Korea, located in Sokcho (just an hour north of us), and is a very popular tourist destination for Koreans, who love outdoorsy stuff.
We couldn't believe it, but the "Big Buddha" at Seoraksan temple was even bigger than our personal "Big Buddha" in Ingu.


The view from the top:

I couldn't find Jon for a while, then I Spotted him perched on a cliff:

These boys, like many young Koreans, took the proximity of foreigners as an opportunity to ham it up. They sat up on these rocks and yelled, "Help me!" for quite a while. Then I yelled down: "How are you?" and one boy yelled: "Terrible!"


This is sad to say, but that was our final Korean adventure. You can see more pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment